FileBird is a powerful WordPress media plugin. It is a free plugin with a multitude of features. This plugin uses the technique that involves creating virtual folders that comprise the WordPress media library. It is an easy-to-use plugin with several features such as library organization, media management, etc.
With the help of FileBird, you can create up to ten unique folders. However, using any other plugin can ease your task, but what makes FileBird different is that it has tons of features that will simplify your media file handling. Nonetheless, once you start using this stunning WordPress media plugin, you won’t look elsewhere.
- It comes with a user-friendly interface.
- It has a smart context menu that helps you create, delete, and rename folders.
- You get full control of your folders and files.
- It supports multiple languages.
- FileBird is fully compatible with other plugins, themes, and page builders.
- FileBird comes in both free as well as a paid version.
- It is a free WordPress media library plugin.
- FileBird supports RTL languages including Arabic, Hebrew, etc.
- It is compatible with other WordPress plugins as well.
- You can have a limited number of folders.
How to Install FileBird – WordPress Media Library Folders & File Manager WordPress Plugin
The steps to install the FileBird WordPress plugin are pretty simple. They are pretty much similar to installing any other WordPress plugin. Yes, it’s an easy and quick job to install a WordPress plugin. Just follow the below-given steps and you are done.
- First, you need to login to your WordPress Dashboard using your Admin credentials.
- Select the Plugins and Add New from the left menu. Plugins → Add New
- Search for the FileBird WordPress plugin in the search bar.
- Choose the ‘FileBird – WordPress Media Library Folders & File Manager’ plugin from the given list of WordPress plugins.
- Click on Install Now
- Choose Activate when it becomes available.
- Once activated, you should now see a new menu option within the Settings Menu on the left side. Choose FileBird to access and configure the plugin as per your needs.
That’s it! You can use the FileBird WordPress plugin now.
So, Why WordPress Websites Need a Media Library Plugin?
WordPress is one of the best open source content management systems we have. The benefits of using a content management system are many, but then what is the need of using WordPress plugins? Or specifically in this case, why does the WordPress website need a media library plugin? Well, the simple and straightforward answer is – to manage your media files. Quite obvious.
However, when you launch your WordPress, you do many efforts to drive traffic to your website. Moreover, managing images and other media files on your website is easy if it is not much in quantity. While with time when your website grows, you start adding a large number of images and media files, audio files, posts, pages, things tend to get disorganized. Check out the WordPress theme builder and best WordPress website builders.
Whereas, on the other hand, sometimes when you look for a particular image, it becomes difficult to find a particular image. The built-in search function of WordPress doesn’t seem to work as expected sometimes. Thus, you need a strong solution to handle this issue. So, that’s where you need a media library plugin.
Indeed, WordPress media library plugins are a great way to manage all your media files and make it much easier to search for any specific file. All WordPress media library plugins discussed-above are powerful options that are capable of providing categories to manage your media files. So, you can pick any of them and they will make it convenient for you to manage media files on your WordPress website.