Choosing the right email marketing software is crucial to building a list of loyal customers. From sending personalized emails to tracking engagement, the best email marketing software can help you meet your goals. In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 3 best email marketing software, along with my top choice, so that you can pick the best one
- GetResponse (Best Overall)
- ActiveCampaign (Best for CRM)
- Moosend (Best for Marketers )
Best Automated Email Marketing, Sales Funnels and Landing Page Features ($13.3/month)
GetResponse is an all-in-one online marketing platform to grow your business. They offer email marketing campaigns, high-converting landing pages, and webinar software to help your marketing efforts.The real standout is Autofunnel – a tool with 30+ ready-made landing pages, email templates, and sequences to generate sales. And you can choose your end goals.
Whether you want to drive lead generation, product sales, or webinar registrations, GetResponse is the answer. They’re optimized to nurture your email list and maximize your funnel’s conversion rates. However, one of GetResponse’s biggest strengths is its intelligent automation tools.
Using these features, you create multiple advanced conditions to segment your lists automatically. Their drag-and-drop builder is also very intuitive and makes designing high-quality emails a breeze.GetResponse is one of the best email marketing tools for creating automated sales funnels and landing pages.
=== Click Here to try GetResponse Today ===
- Email Marketing
- Conversion Funnel
- Marketing Automation (Ecommerce marketing)
- Multichannel engagement (Push Notifications, Popups and forms)
- Landing Pages
- Paid Ad
- One-click integrations
- Lots of templates to choose from, making building almost anything on the platform possible
- Nothing is left to the imagination – you can view your marketing automation workflows and funnels in a visual manner
- Conversion funnel feature makes building high-converting funnels incredibly easy
- Webinar feature stands on its own and renders the need for a third-party webinar tool unnecessary
- Website builder & AI design tool allows you to build websites fast
- Building forms is limiting and not as intuitive compared to building emails and landing pages
- Dedicated customer support is only available to Max plan subscribers
There are six pricing plans:
- Getresponse Free — this is $0 and lets you use a cut-down version of Getresponse indefinitely, so long as your list remains under 500 records in size.
- Basic — this starts at $19 per month and lets you send an unlimited number of emails to up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Plus — starting at $59 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Professional — starting at $119 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers
- Max — custom pricing.
- Max2 — custom pricing.
You also save between 18 and 30% with annual plans.
GetResponse is a stellar tool to help you deliver effective marketing campaigns. Whether you’re looking for more subscribers, more sales, or to increase customer loyalty, there are features and automations in this software to help you achieve that.
Best for CRM ($29/month)
ActiveCampaign is a great email marketing software where machine learning plays a key role.With Predictive Actions, ActiveCampaign answers tough questions about your customers to automatically take action for you and lead them down the sales funnel.You can integrate ActiveCampaign with 850+ other apps like Facebook, Shopify, WordPress, and more.
Automating your list segments is intuitive, and you can build list triggers and move users based on dynamic email content, sales follow-ups, and more.Email workflows are robust and easy to manage. This data syncs with their built-in CRM to provide sales teams with advanced lead scoring.Their lead scoring system is flexible too.
If you’re unfamiliar with lead scoring, it’s a way to award points to individual email subscribers based on your chosen actions. Then once they hit a point threshold, they either enter a new automation funnel or can be contacted by your sales team.
- One-on-one training lets you get the most out of ActiveCampaign, and their team is always available to answer any questions.
- Free migration means no need to worry about losing data or starting from scratch.
- Beautiful email marketing allows you to create stunning newsletters and campaigns that will engage your customers and encourage them to buy
- Set up a welcome series to introduce new subscribers to your brand, and message your customers to keep them updated on new products and sales.
- Site Tracking helps you see how people interact with your website, so you can make changes to improve your conversion rate.
=== Click Here to Try ActiveCampaign Today ===
- The interface is intuitive, making it easy to navigate for beginners.
- The onboarding and support teams provide helpful resources and guidance when needed.
- Additionally, managing campaigns is a breeze with ActiveCampaign.
- Reporting and integrations are sometimes challenging to understand and use.
- The use of tags can be confusing and challenging to keep track of.
Pricing is based on the account features and the size of your email list.
- Lite: $29/month
- Plus: $49/month
- Professional: $149/month
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing
All plans come with a 14-day free trial.
If you want to drive your customer experience, then ActiveCampaign is the way to go. From email list automation to a top-notch lead scoring system, I recommend ActiveCampaign for those serious about email marketing.
Get Started with ActiveCampaign!
Excellent All-In-One Email Marketing Automation Tool (Free – $9+/month based on list size)
Moosend is an email automation tool that helps you build your email list, personalize your messages, and automate tasks so you can focus on customer relationships. They have intuitive drag-and-drop email templates in their campaign builder. This tool lets you add images, text blocks, social icons, and more to your emails. They have an extensive library of email templates with different responsive layouts that look great on desktop or mobile.
The area where Moosend stands out is the automation features. Using their “Recipes” (pre-built automation templates), you can automate messages via upsells, customer engagement, and customer loyalty.
Every automation has three main components: the triggers, control steps, and actions. When you combine all three, you can filter email list segments and send sequences when your specified actions occur.
Some other critical Moosend features include:
- Landing Page Builder Tools: Create custom webpages with email sign-up forms to increase conversions.
- Automation Workflows: These templates let you easily personalize your emails and nurture customer relationships.
- Custom Opt-In Forms: You can design and create custom forms to let visitors subscribe to your email list.
- List Segmentation: Segment your list based on customer behavior, like engagement metrics, abandoned cart emails, and more.
- Reporting Tools: Their analytics tools provide a bird’s eye view of your essential email metrics.
- Customer Support: Each paid plan provides phone support. Custom enterprise plans all give an account manager and support via email, phone, and live chat. They also have video tutorials and a vast knowledge base to answer your questions
- The user-friendly interface and the dashboard are very intuitive.
- The campaign reports and performance monitoring are also beneficial when optimizing your campaigns.
- The importation of a CSV file is a bit tough to understand and follow.
- The Moosend landing page builder interface can be confusing to use at first.
The pricing reflects the number of subscribers in your email list. They provide a free plan for users with under 1,000 subscribers and include sign-up forms, reporting, and the ability to send unlimited emails.
Moosend’s paid plans start at $9 per month and increase with the number of subscribers. Every paid plan can access transactional emails, page builders, and SMTP servers.
Their enterprise plans provide migration and onboarding support and Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML).
With a focus on having a single interface for email marketing and automation, Moosend is easy to use for small business owners and freelance professionals that want a visual campaign builder to design personalized campaigns.
That’s a wrap.
I hope this list of top email service providers helps you choose the right platform for your online business.
As there are many great tools, it’s ultimately about knowing your price point and which features are most important to you.
Startups require different features than an already-established business, so by focusing on price, deliverability, template designs, ease of use, and the unique features you need, you’ll be able to find the right fit.
My final recommendations:
- If you are looking for all in one email marketing tool, Getresponse is your best choice.
- If you’re looking for an excellent new email service with advanced automation, go with ActiveCampaign.
- If you want excellent email deliverability and the all-around best platform for small businesses, Moosend is your winner.